Eco-Rental Solutions is now a New Jersey Certified Laboratory!

Big news at Eco-Rental Solutions — we’re proud to announce we now hold New Jersey Certified Laboratory Number NY033! This certification — N.J.A.C. 7:18 — is in accordance with the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection (NJDEP) for the application of sampling groundwater and surface water in the state of NJ. We can now provide low flow sampling rental equipment that will meet “pre-field” calibration requirements for the State of New Jersey.

There are numerous reasons for collecting samples and a variety of sampling strategies for different situations. Be sure to identify the purpose of the sampling and key data quality objectives prior to the start of fieldwork. When your final objective is realized, you’re in a better position to make important decisions on NJ certified laboratory selection, analytical parameter selection, quality control samples, sample location and frequency with confidence.

New Jersey Water Withdrawal Regulations

The New Jersey Bureau of Water Allocation has set standards for water surface and groundwater withdrawals by instituting permitting, certification and registration programs. Anyone with the capacity to divert 100,000 gallons per day or more or has a combined pump capacity of 70 gallons per minute or greater must obtain a permit. Requirements for permits and registration vary according to use of the water.

Learn which type of permit you’ll need to obtain before starting your project:

  • Water Allocation Permit: This is needed if you plan to withdraw more than 100,000 gallons of ground and/or surface water per day for more than 30 days in a consecutive 365 day period, for any purpose besides agriculture, horticulture or aquaculture.
  • Temporary Dewatering Allocation Permit: You’ll need to obtain a Temporary Dewatering Allocation Permit, Dewatering Permit-by-Rule or a Short Term Permit-by-Rule for dewatering of more than 100,000 gallons of water per day. The type of permit varies according to the length of construction and the method used.
  • Short Term Permit-by-Rule: This is a must if you’ll be using more than 100,000 gallons of water per day over a 30 day period or less during one calendar year.
  • Water Use Registration: You’ll need this if you have the capacity to divert more than 100,000 gallons of water per day, but use less than this amount.
  • Agricultural Water Usage Certification: This permit or an Agricultural Water Use Registration must be obtained from the County agricultural agent if you have the capacity to withdraw more than 100,000 gallons per day of ground and/or surface water for aquacultural, horticultural or agricultural purposes.

Need high-quality environmental testing equipment?

Eco-Rental Solutions can provide your company with an efficient, user-friendly rental and sales process that will save you time and money. Visit one of our six locations in New York, Missouri, and California today!