Job Title: Customer Service Technician Level I
Summary: Performs equipment testing per test procedures, while maintaining accurate documentation. Develops strong customer relationships while maximizing sales potential. Proactively seeks to eliminate any customer complaint situations through excellent customer service and complete awareness of business process. Assists with shipping and receiving relating to inventory and customer orders. Prioritizes and manages work day in an effective manner enabling the completion of personal and team tasks by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs testing per specific test procedures by using measuring instruments and computer test programs.*
- Documents test results with appropriate information in a complete manner.*
- Reads and interprets specific test procedures to properly perform and document test results.*
- Develops maximum sales potential out of assigned customers through good customer service techniques, and knowledge of the company’s products and services as well as the competition’s strengths/weaknesses.*
- Applies knowledge of company products/services to effectively process customer information and respond to inquiries and complaints in a diplomatic manner.*
- Builds and maintains quality relations with assigned customers, and increases volume of sales on a consistent basis through ongoing determination of customer requirements.*
- Contacts customers and prospects via telephone and email correspondence to meet and surpass company sales goals and maintain an accurate database.*
- Maintains updated, organized files on all assigned customers.*
- Assists with shipping and receiving of all assigned customer orders and internal inventory.*
- Tracks and expedites late orders to ensure customer satisfaction.*
- Maintains knowledge of companies products and services offered as well as internal departmental activities to constructively identify leads.*
- Establishes and maintains good customer relations to enhance the company’s image.*
- Logs all customer communication accurately in an automated database.*
- Prioritizes and resolves issues as they arise and notifies management of potential problems.*
- Ensures complete customer satisfaction by recognizing potential or actual customer complaint situations, and takes appropriate action or follow up until resolved.*
- Develops and implements special projects as needed.*
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications:To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Language Ability:Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Math Ability:Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Reasoning Ability:Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Computer Skills:To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word; Microsoft Excel; RMI Advantage and Microsoft Internet Explorer.
Education/Experience:Associate’s degree (A. A. / A. S.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities:
- Time management
- Ability to multi-task
- Oral and written communication skills
- Courteous and professional
- Ability to up-sell and maintain customer satisfaction
Physical Demands:The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
Work Environment:The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); work near moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outdoor weather conditions; risk of electrical shock and vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Qualified candidates should forward a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org