The EPA recognized 33 Safer Choice Partner of the Year award winners across 16 states and the District of Columbia this September. As a part of Pollution Prevention Week, these companies and organizations are recognized for achievement in the design, manufacture, selection, and use of products with safer chemicals.
About the Safer Choice Program
The EPA’s Safer Choice program helps consumers and purchasers for facilities (such as schools and office buildings) to find products that perform and are safer for human health and the environment. The organizations given the Safer Choice award have all shown a commitment to pollution prevention by the reduction, elimination, or prevention of pollution at its source, prior to recycling, treatment, or disposal.
This year’s applicants were encouraged to show how their efforts promoted environmental justice, increased resilience to the impacts of climate change, and resulted in cleaner air or water. In the future, the EPA hopes to expand the Safer Choice program to make chemically safe products more available to underserved communities.
The 2021 Partner of the Year Winners
Here are the EPA’s 2021 Partner of the Year Award Winners:
- Albertsons Companies, Boise, Idaho
- American Cleaning Institute, Washington, DC
- Apple, Cupertino, Calif.
- The Ashkin Group, Channel Islands Harbor, Calif.
- BASF Home Care and I&I Cleaning Solutions, Florham Park, N.J.
- Bona, Englewood, Colo.
- Case Medical, Bloomfield, N.J.
- Church & Dwight Co., Inc., Ewing, N.J.
- The Clorox Company, Oakland, Calif.
- Defunkify, Eugene, Ore.
- Dirty Labs Inc., Portland, Ore.
- ECOS, Cypress, Calif.
- Grove Collaborative, San Francisco, Calif.
- Hazardous Waste Management Program, King County, Wash.
- The Home Depot, Atlanta, Ga.
- Household & Commercial Products Association, Washington, DC
- Jelmar, LLC, Skokie, Ill.
- Lake Monroe Sailing Association, Bloomington, Ind.
- Lemi Shine, Austin, Texas
- LightHouse For The Blind And Visually Impaired, San Francisco, Calif.
- LSI, Morristown, N.J.
- Novozymes North America, Raleigh, N.C.
- Oregon Department of Environmental Quality-Toxics Use Reduction Program, Ore.
- The Procter & Gamble Company, Cincinnati, Ohio
- PurposeBuilt Brands, Gurnee, Ill.
- Roger McFadden and Associates, LLC, Canby, Ore.
- Rust-Oleum Corporation, Vernon Hills, Ill.
- Sea Mar Community Health Centers, Seattle, Wash.
- Sensitive Home, Greenbrae, Calif.
- Seventh Generation, Burlington, Vt.
- University of Washington Department of Environmental and Occupational Health Sciences Continuing Education Programs, Seattle, Wash.
- Wegmans Food Markets, Rochester, N.Y.
- Wexford Labs, Inc., Kirkwood, Mo.
You need reliable tools for your project, and you need them at an affordable price. That’s where Eco-Rental Solutions comes in. Visit one of our rental locations in New York, Illinois, Missouri, California, or Michigan, and request a quote online or contact us to get started.