Summary: Responsible for performing shipping and receiving duties and processing related paperwork; maintaining an organized stock of equipment, parts and supplies; inspection and cleaning of incoming equipment; maintaining a clean, organized shop/office environment; by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Receives and inspects incoming shipments for discrepancies and damages and reports problems promptly to the appropriate person.
- Prepares items accurately for shipment according to customer orders/instructions by retrieving from the warehouse, packaging, weighing on a scale and documenting correct shipment details.
- Prepares Dangerous Goods and Hazardous Materials shipments in accordance with Federal Regulations and DOT and IATA guidelines.
- Stores materials and supplies within the warehouse according to part number and/or description by safely performing physical tasks such as lifting, carrying and stacking by hand or safely using material handling equipment.
- Signs for incoming deliveries, loads and unloads delivery trailers/trucks by hand or with material handling equipment as needed.
- Maintains shipping and receiving documentation in a neat and orderly manner.
- Reports shipping and receiving details to the appropriate department on a regular and timely basis.
- Maintains the warehouse and receiving area in a safe and orderly manner.
- Inventories incoming returned rental equipment, comparing against rental order to ensure an accurate accounting of items returned.
- Inspects incoming returned rental equipment for damage and missing items, and reports problems promptly to the appropriate person.
- Performs initial cleaning and functional testing of returned rental equipment,
- Performs routine maintenance on equipment such as charging batteries, assisting in the testing and preparation of equipment for rental.
- Performs inventories of equipment, parts and consumables.
- Performs janitorial duties as required to keep the shop, office and warehouse areas in a clean and orderly condition.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Oral Communication Skills
Written Communication Skills
Ability to lift up to _50__ pounds
High School Diploma or Equivalent. Prior shipping/receiving experience helpful.
Qualified candidates should forward a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org